Using Resmark Systems tour reservation software, you can run the Past Due Balances report daily or weekly to determine which reservations haven’t paid in full or have a balance past due. Even if you collect payment in full at the time a reservation is made, it’s still a good idea to run the Past Due Balances report.
To run the Past Due Balances report, open Resmark and log in.
- Click Reports | Accounting | Past Due Balances.
- Select the Division you want to filter the report on.
- The As of date will return all reservations that have a balance due date before the date entered and a travel date after the date the report is run. This is a good way to remind people of their past due balance before their trip leaves.
- The Show all receivables check box will override the As of date and show all reservations that have a balance due. This will include reservations with past due balances and balances not yet due. It is highly recommended that you cancel or collect payment for reservations that have already traveled with past due balances.
- Check the Show overdue payments for departure date since to specify the travel date instead of using the date the report is run. If you have checked Show all receivables, all reservations that have a travel date after the date entered with a balance due, past or not, will be returned.
- To include reservations that have paid more than the reservation balance, check the Include Credit Balances check box.
- The Exclude Direct Bill check box will filter the report to exclude agency reservations marked as direct bill.
- The Exclude reservations scheduled for full payment will filter the report to exclude any reservation that is scheduled for full payment regardless of the balance due date.
What information is returned in the results?
- Customer Name – The customer name displayed is the person in charge of this reservation. If a reservation is under a travel agency, the travel agency name will show here.
- Phone – The phone number is displayed so you can easily call the customer to collect payment.
- Email – The email address is provided so you can email the customer notifying them of a past due balance or send them a reminder of their upcoming payment.
- Reservation Number – Reservation number is a unique number assigned to each reservation.
- Total – The total will show the total price for this reservation including all fees, options and taxes.
- Paid – The paid column will show if they have paid a deposit or not. Reservations paid in full will not show on this report.
- Due – The due column with show the total price for this reservation including fees, options and taxes minus any deposits paid.
- Due Date – The due date is the date the balance is due. You can update the balance due date by opening the reservation and clicking the summary tab.
- Days Overdue – The days overdue column will show how many days a balance is overdue based on the date entered in the As of field. If a balance is not overdue a negative number is shown.
- Trip Date – The trip date is the date that your customer is traveling. If your customer is traveling multiple days the first travel date will show here.
To open a reservation listed, double click the reservation number.
Using Resmark tour reservation software will help you keep up-to-date on the payment status of all your reservations.